.WHAT: Pacific Place, a premier five-story shopping center located in downtown Seattle, will commemorate its 20th anniversary with a multi-day celebration from Thursday, October 25th, through Sunday, October 28th. The celebration will include a series of family-friendly events, several social media contests, and a number of articles and photos from 1998, the year the center first opened, as well as photos from the center’s current renovation. For more information, visit www.pacificplaceseattle.com/events.
WHEN: Thursday, October 25th, through Sunday, October 28th
Thursday, October 25th
* Commissioned Painting, “Twenty,” Presented and Installed on Level 3
Acclaimed contemporary painter, muralist and illustrator John Osgood, a native Pacific Northwesterner who grew up in Edmonds, has been commissioned to create a painting that recognizes the significant role Pacific Place has played in shaping downtown Seattle over the past two decades.
* 12:30 p.m. – 12:45 p.m.: Blue Thunder Drumline
The Seattle Seahawks Blue Thunder drumline uses a variety of rhythms and visuals, often incorporating rock-and-roll drumming alongside drum-corps style sounds to entertain fans before, during and after Seahawks games. On October 25th, the Blue Thunder musicians will be on hand at Pacific Place to offer a high-energy performance that kicks off the Pacific Place 20th anniversary celebration.
Friday, October 26th
* Noon – 2 p.m.: Indie singer and songwriter Jason Kertson will perform live in the Atrium
* 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Electric six-string violinist Geoffrey Castle will hold a live performance on Level 4
Saturday, October 27th
* Noon – 2 p.m.: Harpist Alyssa Martini will hold a live performance in the Atrium
* 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Local singer and songwriter Young Chhaylee will perform in the Atrium
Sunday, October 28th
* All Day: Shoppers parking in the Pacific Place parking garage on October 28th will be treated to two free hours of parking in honor of the shopping center’s 20th anniversary.
* 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Alt country and Americana singer and songwriter Fleur Wood from The W Lovers will perform live in the Atrium
Social Media Contests
* Favorite Photo: Throughout the month of October, shoppers are asked to submit their favorite photos taken at Pacific Place anytime in its 20-year history to Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #PacificPlace20 to be entered to win a $200 gift card to the store or restaurant of their choice.
* What’s Hot?: In-house fashionistas will select their top 20 favorite items available for purchase at Pacific Place and feature them on Facebook and Instagram, one per day, from October 8th through October 28th. They’ll also give a shout-out to interesting finds from each of the center’s retailers on social media, showcasing the best of the best that can be found at Pacific Place this fall.
* Blast from the Past: Giving a nod to the year Pacific Place opened, the center will share photos of the center when it first opened as well as fashion and entertainment trends from 1998.
WHERE: Pacific Place
600 Pine Street
Seattle, WA 98101